Woot! So happy for the weekend to be here! Last weekend was filled with birthday parties to attend, pumpkin patches to visit and pumpkins to carve.
This weekend however, is…completely, utterly, blissfully, FREE!
On to some randoms for your weekend enjoyment…
- I just started using WEN shampoo and so far, I like it! I was hesitant because my hair is fine & gets oily very easily, but it feels clean after I wash it, it’s not weighed down and it doesn’t get oilier any faster than before. Seems like most of the reviews of people who don’t like it are because of price or they’re not using it correctly. The more product you use, the better and you have to put some muscle into scrubbing your head.
- We had these two recipes for dinner the other night and they were DELICIOUS!! I hate trying new recipes because you never know when you are going to waste your time and effort to end up with a crappy end result, but luckily these two weren’t too much trouble and they were yummy.
- Remember when I went and got my little eye exam and was told I have a slight astigmatism? Well, I found this cool place, called Warby Parker and they have super affordable eyewear. I decided to go ahead and buy a pair to see if they really helped at all with my vision. I don’t feel like my vision is bad (obviously since I’m technically 20/20), but there are a few select instances where I feel like it could be better. The verdict…my astigmatism is so slight that I couldn’t really tell a big difference and wearing them in normal situations gives me a bit of a headache. I don’t regret my purchase though! The shopping experience was super easy & smooth and when you buy a pair of glasses from Warby Parker, they send a pair to someone in need. A win-win! Plus, they’re pretty cute and I’ll have them if I need them.
- If you’re a perpetual procrastinator like me, you might want to check out this article. Btw, I decided if I had a pet monkey that insisted on sticking around, he needed a name. I call him George.
- I hadn’t really noticed the duffel coat trend until I saw it on Capitol Hill Style and now I am in love with this type of coat! Not that I need another coat. Living in FL, my pea coat from 13 yrs ago still works just fine and I bought a longer coat early this year in preparation for my trip to France. Even still though, a girl can dream, right?