Did you know there’s a Starbucks secret menu?! Well, technically it wasn’t actually put out by Starbucks, but basically it’s different drink combinations that you may or may not have thought of using Starbucks flavors.
I’m not sure if it’s commonplace to order an item exactly like it comes or to customize the heck out of it, but I have a few go-to drinks that I like to order that aren’t necessarily on the menu. My personal sbux concoctions (if you can call them that)…
- Grande, Iced, 3-pump caramel, 3-pump cinnamon dolce, no whip, with cinnamon dolce sprinkles & caramel sauce on top (what I get most of the time)
- Tall, nonfat, Peppermint/Java Chip frappuccino
- Tall, nonfat, Hazelnut frappuccino with java chips (got this one recently from another blogger I follow on Instagram!)
Most of the secret menu items put my little recipes to shame though! So, for today’s five on Friday I’m sharing the top 5 recipes from the secret menu that look the yummiest (to me!) and aren’t overly complicated.
Psst….Don’t miss the P.S. & the P.P.S at the end of the post for important info about ordering your secret menu drinks!
- Start with a strawberries and creme Frappuccino
- Add Vanilla Bean powder
- Add Java Chips
- Add a whole Banana (note the extra cost)
- Top with whipped cream and mocha drizzle
- Top with caramel drizzle if desired
- vanilla bean frappuccino
- raspberry syrup (1 pump for a tall, 1.5 pumps for a grande or 2 pumps for a venti)
- Vanilla Bean Creme Frappuccino
- a pump of vanilla syrup
- a pump of hazelnut syrup
- a whole banana
- whipped cream
Fuzzy Peach Tea (for you non-coffee peeps)
- Passion Iced Tea made with half water and half orange mango purée w/light ice
- Peach syrup instead of the classic syrup
and last, but not least…the one I’m most excited about trying…
- *choose your size*
- caramel & toffee nut (yes, both syrups) cream frappuccino (whole milk)
- 1 pump of vanilla syrup (1 pump for tall, 1.5 pumps for grande, 2 pumps for venti)
- extra caramel sauce
Bonus recipe :: Banana Foster Frappuchino
P.S. Don’t go trying to order these “secret” drinks by name or your barista will most likely look at you like you have two heads. It’s not an official menu so most of the time they will have no idea what you’re talking about. Order it by the recipe!
P.P.S. If you add banana to a frapp, just know that it will be extra $$$.
Any of you in blogland order a special Starbucks drink? Even if you don’t have a cool name for it, please share!